Education for Nature – Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on the conservation of nature and the protection of the environment. ENV combats the illegal wildlife trade and aims to foster greater understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about the need to protect nature and wildlife. ENV employs creative and innovative strategies to influence public attitudes and reduce demand for wildlife trade products. ENV works closely with government partners to strengthen policy and legislation, and directly supports enforcement efforts in the protection of endangered species of regional, national, and global significance.
For more details about what we do, visit our website:
English language: www.envietnam.org
Vietnamese language: www.thiennhien.org
The Program Coordinator will assume management and administrative responsibility for the ENV Communications and Demand Reduction Team (CDRT). The Program Coordinator will report to the International Program Advisor (IPA) in successfully implementing the annual work plan and coordinating communications campaign goals.
Main duty station: Hanoi
Manage the Demand Reduction Program at ENV
Oversee program activities’ implementation from concept to distribution
- Generating content for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Website)
- Audiovisual and infographics production (PSA, radio show, campaigns etc.)
- Coordinate campaign development and activities closely with all relevant departments within ENV
- Communicate regularly with the ENV management board on development ideas, progress, results, and obstacles relating to your work.
Manage ENV advertising, media relations and audiovisual production
Produce ENV reports, including assisting with the completion of donor reports
Produce and implement department work plans, internal communications systems, and tasking orders
Generate and disseminate media statements
Coordinate with the media for major events and activities
Manage department operations budgets
Organize major demand reduction events and special activities as needed
Coordinate special guest visits to ENV and handle external inquiries according to ENV Management Board
Represent and present on behalf of ENV at events where appropriate
Participation in the recruitment, evaluation and training of new department staff
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by IPA and the ENV Management Board
- Vietnamese citizen
- University Degree mandatory, preferably, but not restricted to environment and journalism and mass communications
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Excellent Vietnamese writing and editing skills
- Communications, marketing, and audiovisual production background
- Team Management skills and strategies
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, internet, social media, communication tools software etc.) Ability to work independently, take initiative and pay close attention to details
- Assertive leadership skills, creative visionary ideas, passionate ambition and perseverance
Terms and Benefits
- Opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge
- Mixed English-speaking environment
- Friendly and creative working environment;
- Salary based on experience and performance
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are invited to send an up-to-date CV and a cover letter before March 23, 2018 to:
Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
Room 1701, Block 17T5, Hoang Dao Thuy street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi
Phone: (024) 6281 5424
Interested candidates are invited to visit ENV websites & Facebook for further understanding about ENV activities.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.